You have four options to choose from for the scholarship competition. Feel free to review each category’s requirements, make your final choice and submit your entry before June 15th 11:59PM Pacific time.
This must be your original work. For essays, be sure to cite your sources in the required MLA format.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need further assistance via email at email@example.com or by text at +1(503)382-1967.
Choose one of the following doctrinal subjects and write a 2,000 word research paper in MLA style.
1. Was Christ’s death a substitution for our sin? Explain why and how.
2. What are the major views of the End Times that are held today and how has this area of study affected the preparedness of the Church for the return of Christ?
3. How do we understand and teach the absolute authority of the Word of God in a Postmodern Christian Culture?
4. What is the significance of the dual nature of Christ in our current culture?
Christian Humanities Target
Choose one of the following subjects and write a 2,000 word essay in MLA style.
1. How should the relationship between both faith and reason be navigated as a Christian in our current world?
2. Select a historical event and trace its impact to the ramifications in our modern world, specifically as it pertains to Christian Living?
3. What place should activism for social and political ends have in the modern Local Church?
4. Explain the traits of the Postmodern Culture and how Christians can navigate living in this world.
5. What does the bible say about racial differences and how can we apply that in our current day?
Worship Ministry Target
Original Song: Record and submit video or audio of an original worship song that you composed or collaborated on. This should feature you as worship leader/vocalist or musician in the recording. If you are the songwriter but not the ‘performer’ per-se, you may have someone record it on your behalf. The recording should include a brief explanation of your songwriting process and inspiration.Performance will be judged on creativity, execution, authenticity and skill.Length: 2.5-3.5 minSubmit a link to the video or upload an audio file.(Extra points for any sheet music or song charts produced by you for your song.)
Cover Song: Record and submit video or audio of a worship song cover that features you as main vocalist. The cover should demonstrate originality and creative arrangement rather than simply duplicate an existing song. Performance will be judged on creativity, execution, authenticity and skill.Length: 2.5-3.5 minSubmit a link to the video or upload an audio file.
Song submissions will not be published or posted online unless copyright permissions have been granted or expressly released by all rightful owner(s). For contest review purposes only.
Submit a link to the video or upload an audio file.
Church Leadership Target
Submit an audio or video recording of a short ten-minute message on your choice of the Scripture passages given below. The message should convey your understanding of what the original Bible author intended as the primary point or function of the passage within its broader context. This primary theme should be explained while drawing attention to the key phrases within the passage and applying the meaning of the passage to the audience. Assume the audience consists of peers of your same age, culture and level of bible knowledge. This should be submitted as an mp3.
a. Genesis 22
b. 1 John 1:5 – 2:2
Submit an audio or video recording of a short ten-minute message on your choice of the Scripture topics given below. The message should highlight 1-3 biblical aspects of that topic, supporting your assertions with at least one old testament passage and one new testament passage. Effort should be made to convey the significance of the subject and apply it to your audience. Assume the audience consists of peers of your same age, culture and level of bible knowledge. This should be submitted as an mp3.
a. Fleeing from sexual sin
b. The significance of water baptism
Submit a link of your video or upload an mp3 audio file.
Use this form to submit your entry once it is ready:
A secondary page will pop-up with fields to submit link or upload your file.