As we all work together to prioritize the health and safety of our Portland Bible College community, please review the following information for the start of the school year. We each have a part to play as we take responsibility for our own health and the health of our community. Coming together to have school in person is a privilege that we want to protect. Let’s all do our part to make this year great!
How you can commit to helping create a healthy community…
- The CDC is still recommending that everyone wear masks in indoor public spaces.
- Monitor your symptoms of illness and isolate yourself if they occur.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
- Follow PBC and Mannahouse safety guidelines and signage on and off campus.
- Assist with contact tracing if you or someone you know becomes ill.
- Inform PBC campus pastors if you start to develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
- Put the health of others ahead of your own convenience and preference.
- Remain gracious and flexible as guidance may evolve.
- In order to do our part to keep residents as safe and healthy as possible, non-resident visitors are not allowed to enter the dorms. This includes family, overnight guests, off-campus PBC students, etc. Note that this policy does not apply to move-in/move-out days.
- Disinfect your room and doorknobs regularly and faithfully do your dorm duties.
Know the symptoms of COVID-19 in order to monitor yourself…
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- New loss of smell and taste
We ask that all students take great care on and off campus to follow the CDC guidelines for the health and safety of everyone. Remember we are all guardians of not only our own health, but of our fellow students, faculty and staff as well. We are praying for peace, grace and joy to be upon each of us!