The Founder’s Award
Pastor Dick Iverson founded Portland Bible College in 1967 for the underlying purpose of helping to prepare men and women for service in the local church. For their ministries to be successful, the development of all areas of their lives must take place.
As the faculty members watch the students go through their training, they take the time to note those individuals who demonstrate the overall development of the different aspects of their lives. Those who accomplish this will have a greater potential of both serving the Lord and representing Him well.
Many students demonstrate the overall qualities that exemplify a healthy Christian life. Honor could be given to all of them. We take the time, however, to select three individuals that best exhibit the overall lifestyle which demonstrates good spiritual development. One female student and one male student, living on campus and one student representing our off campus population.
The students we choose each year, consistently manifest the life style that represents the qualities we feel are important for Christian service. This award is just a simple way of acknowledging what we have witnessed. It is our privilege to work with and recognize those men and women who model the Christian exceptionally.
- 2022 – 1. Luciane Mayumi Nishida 2. Caleb Keel
- 2021 – 1. Elisa Kaylor 2. Nathan Lorenc
- 2020 – 1. Sarah Hernandez 2. Victor Malbarosa
- 2019 – 1. Jaasyel Monroy 2. Kaitlyn Price
- 2018 – 1. Kandice Jameson 2. Riley Hamilton
- 2017 – 1. Caleb Gowey 2. Rebekah Johnson
- 2016 – 1. Megan Patterson 2. Nathaneal Chown
- 2015 – 1. Brian Holmes 2. Ashley Leach
- 2014 – 1. Charity Cesia Carbajal-Rooney 2. Lucas de Sousa 3. Sean Gleason
- 2013 – 1. Karina Jameson 2. Mackenzie Shoe 3. Adam Smucker
- 2012 – 1. Daniel Eliason 2. Nicole Milne 3. Micah Westby
- 2011 – 1. Sameul Albrecht 2. Mary Anne Feeney 3. Marcus Janzen
- 2010 – 1. Cristopher Buck 2. Kathryn Schaub
- 2009 – 1. Christopher Hubbard 2. Kim-Maree Roberts 3. Shalane Wellard
- 2008 – 1. Elizabeth Burnetta 2. Daniel Gardner 3. Ashley Jackson 4. Dylan Jones
- 2007 – 1. Travis Arnold 2. Emma Jones
- 2006 – 1. Alessa Anderson 2. Lance McGinnis
- 2005 – 1. Hamilton Gonzalez 2. Crystal Vernon
- 2004 – 1. Robert Alvarado Jr. 2. Erica Eason 3. John Prakasam
- 2003 – 1. Noel Cammack 2. Kelly Rubuliak
- 2002 – 1. Janell Bascom 2. Poncho Lowder
- 2001 – 1. Lora Glanville 2. Jeremy Koepke
- 2000 – 1. Ben Tice 2. Avril Watt
- 1999 – 1. Jennifer Ebersole 2. Jason Johansen
- 1998 – 1. Angie Malmin 2. Jonathan Stricker
- 1996 – 1. Julie Copp 2. Simon Mould
The Kevin Conner Award
Kevin Conner is a former Dean of Portland Bible College. He is a world-renowned scholar, pastor and author. Without question, Kevin’s leadership during his tenure at PBC left an indelible theological and philosophical mark.
Kevin was born in Melbourne, Australia in 1927. In 1972 he moved, with his family, to Portland, Oregon where he served in Portland Bible College as Academic Dean and Mannahouse, formerly City Bible Church (then Bible Temple) until 1981. He then returned to Melbourne to minister at Waverly Christian Fellowship. He served as the Senior Pastor from 1988 – 1995; and through his leadership, established a strong and healthy church.
Kevin is recognized internationally as a Teaching-Apostle after having spent many years in both Church and Bible College ministry. He has written numerous textbooks used by ministers and students worldwide. He is in great demand as a teacher and travels extensively.
As the faculty of Portland Bible College, it is our great privilege to work with students who come to us from outside the United States. These students often experience numerous financial, cultural, and political challenges to be able to study at PBC. What motivates them through all this is the desire to be trained in the Word of God so that they can return to their home countries and better serve His Kingdom purposes there. Many men and women around the world have done this, and they are now back home making great contributions to their nations.
We realize that God has a great destiny for each of these students. We do acknowledge, however, that some of these students will be used in ways to more significantly advance the purposes of God in their countries. We want to honor some of those students. The Kevin Conner Award is our way, as a faculty, of saying that we see them making such a spiritual impact back home. We are thankful for the privilege we have had to share in the work of God in their life. Congratulations from all of us!
- 2022 – Natalie Carroll
- 2021 – Karen Serouna
- 2020 – Jason Layantara
- 2019 – Darren Raynald
- 2018 – Jeany Sie
- 2017 – Tyler Fitch
- 2016 – Marcus Soveral
- 2015 – Risa Takayama
- 2014 – Donny Roem
- 2013 – Michael Barton & Carolina Santos
- 2012 – Sugirtha Ajoo
- 2011 – Jun Young Lee
Interested in PBC?
Take the next step. Schedule a campus tour and experience the PBC community for yourself!