Imagine graduating debt-free!
PBC is strongly committed to helping make your educational goals a reality without leaving you in debt for decades to come.
How can we do this?
First: Mannahouse subsidizes a large portion of the cost of operating the college. This allows us to keep tuition relatively low in comparison to many schools.
Second: the class schedule and fee schedule have been arranged to allow students to work and pay their way through school. In fact, more than 91% of our students graduate debt-free!
Most students are able to find a good part-time job in the Portland area, go to school until noon, and then work in the afternoons. Some are able to commute together while others take public transportation, such as the city bus line which runs within one block of campus.
Estimated Cost of Attendance
|Full time Student|
|On Campus Student (all inclusive)*||$5,700 – $6,300|
|Off Campus Student||$3,200 – $3,700|
|Music Student*||$5,900 – $6,400|
Tuition & Fees
|Full Time Tuition (12 – 18 Credits)||$2,950|
|Per Credit Hour||$245.00|
|Campus Audit / per credit hour||$130.00|
|ESL / per credit hour||$80.00|
|Student Services Fees|
|Full Time Student Services||$197.00|
|Part Time Student Services||$40.00-60.00|
|Basic Liability Insurance||$15.00|
|ONE Conference – (Spring semester only)||$50.00|
|Graduation Fee (Sophomores & Seniors only)||$100.00|
|Room & Board|
|Dorm Residence and 2 meals (7 days a week)||$2395.00|
|Dorm cleaning and key deposit (refundable)||$100.00|
|Classroom text required – varies between||$150.00 – $300.00|
|Late Enrollment Fee||$100.00|
|Parking – On Campus Students||$29.00|
|Parking – Commuting Students||$5.00|
|Fitness Center Membership||$69.00|
|Music / Worship & Creative Arts Students Fee||$59.00|
|Private Music Lessons (per hour: 14 at $21.43)||$300.00-$600.00|
|Midi Lab Fee – varies between||$25.00 – $60.00|
|Midi Lab Key Deposit (refundable)||$25.00|
|Misc. Music Fees – Worship & Creative Arts Students Only||$15.00 – $35.00|
|Online Program Tuition & Fees|
|Technology Fee (all students)||$20.00|
|Registration Fee (all students)||$35.00|
|Per Credit Hour (1-11 credits)||$210.00|
|Flat Rate (12-16 credits)||$2500.00|
|Summer Per Credit Hour (max 4 credits)||$180.00|
Students with accounts paid-in-full at the time of enrollment, are eligible for refunds as outlined by the schedule below. Students with a balance on their account, technically receive a credit against any balance owing first. If there is a credit balance after these are posted on the student’s account, the student will receive a check in the mail to the address listed in Populi. If the credits are less than the balance owing, the student is still obligated to pay off the remaining balance by the end of the semester. After that, collection efforts will be made. Fees are not refundable.
Students needing to withdraw for any reason, will receive a prorated refund (if the entire balance was paid in-full upfront) or credit (if the student was on a payment plan). Withdrawal during the:
- 1st and 2nd weeks of classes will result in an 80% tuition refund/credit
- 3rd and 4th weeks results in a 60% tuition refund/credit
- 5th and 6th weeks results in a 40% tuition refund/credit
- 7th and 8th weeks results in a 20% tuition refund/credit
- After the 8th week of school no tuition refund or credit will be given
- Room & Board refunds are prorated on a weekly basis; typically a semester is 16 weeks long. Room & Board is all inclusive, discounts are not given for not utilizing meal services
Students needing to withdraw for any reason will receive a prorated refund (if the entire balance was paid-in-full upfront) or credit (if the student was on a payment plan). Withdrawal during the:
- 1st and 2nd weeks of classes will result in a 100% tuition refund/credit (Registration and technology fees are non-refundable)
- 3rd and 4th weeks results in an 80% tuition refund/credit
- 5th and 6th weeks results in a 60% tuition refund/credit
- 7th and 8th weeks results in a 40% tuition refund/credit
- After the 8th week of school, no tuition refund or credit will be given
Down Payments & Financial Assistance
Interested in PBC?
Take the next step. Schedule a campus tour and experience the PBC community for yourself!