This Mother’s Day Glenda Malmin shared a powerful word about the journey of motherhood through the story of Mary the mother of Jesus. It was challenging reminder that our lives are not our own and children are a gift to be given back to the Father. Watch here if you did not have the chance to hear it live.
The Mothers’ Beatitudes (Hidden Power of a Mother’s Heart, Glenda Malmin)
- Blessed is the mother whose children freely laugh & play, for hers’ is the kingdom of heaven on earth.
- Blessed is the mother who cries when she needs to, but does not lack faith, for she will be comforted.
- Blessed is the mother who has a gentle disposition in the midst of a child’s fluctuating emotions, for she will inherit the hearts that have been stilled.
- Blessed is the motherwho hungers for “a closer walk with Thee,” for she will be nourished & sustained.
- Blessed is the mother who is merciful in moments of contradiction, for she will receive mercy in the days that lie ahead.
- Blessed is the mother who is pure in heart & in spirit, for she will see God in the eyes of her children.
- Blessed is the mother who is a peacemaker in times of storm, for she will be called trustworthy & true.
- Blessed is the mother who is disheartened in the journey, for there is yet a future & a hope.
- Blessed is the mother who alone can see her child’s potential, for God Himself will be her rear guard.
- Blessed mother…. rejoice & be glad because great is your reward in heaven.
The journey of a life well-lived is an eventful one. It’s heart-breaking at times & incredibly fulfilling at others. It’s the ‘thrill of victory’ or ‘the agony of defeat.’ It is both costly & rewarding. It is a lifelong journey,for sure, but it is one that will bring much fulfillment as we remain on the pathway in step with & in tune to the voice of our Heavenly Father.
Let us go forward in faith & obedience on this journey of life and live it well for the sake of the next generation.
For further study: